Friday 3 August 2012

Creating my own stencils



Having spent all my money on new inks I couldn't afford to splash out on stencils too, well most of the ones I liked we out of stock anyway! So I decided to make my own. I took some plain, write on transparency and a sharpie pen, and copied the design from my small cutting mat, I put a line through each square I had to cut out so I'd not cut the wrong one.
I did it quite roughly as I like the uneven messy look.

Then I sprayed it and used the positive and negative image. Remember to cut on the INSIDE of the lines so it doesn't all fall apart. This was just a trial, so I'm hoping to do several more that I can mess about with.

This one I made with my MM hole punch.


Thanks for looking :)


2 comments:

  1. That is BEARY clever, what a great money saving idea. We were very naughty and bough two stencils today but think yours are jut FAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bears :) I'm not sure how long they will last, but they're all right for a botched job.

      Delete